Earlier this year I did Ashe from League of Legends (I’m still a newb player!), here is a small write up specifically how I did the bow! Been trying to be better about taking progress pictures.
Because Ashe is a frost archer I wanted her bow to have a icy feel, then I thought it would be cool to insert lights in it as well, but I wanted it to only be activated by me. So the battery pack is in my gauntlet, the wires feed through my archer glove to leads on my fingers, and when the leads on my fingers touch the leads on the bow it lights up! Sadly the batteries do not last long at all so I can only keep it lit up for a short amount of time.
- Used ingame Model to determine scale of Bow based on my size, then printed it out.
- Used Dow board to cut out the shape of the bow.
- Then used a carpet cutter to widdle the shape of the bow match the ice effect. Then use Smooth on “Air” 2pt clay to cover the bow so it would be sandable and moldable.
- Create a Matrix Mold for the bow, using SMOOTH-ON Pourable silicone because I didn’t want to have to use mold release to avoid the orange peel effect.
- Heated an acrylic tube, then placed it in the mold and cast the bow in Smooth-On 325.
- Threaded a 5M LED strip stuck back to back through the acrylic tube
- Connections were Soldered and leads were attached to the handle.
- Created a pouch in the gauntlet to house the battery pack, soldered the connections which go through the archery glove and attach to the leads on the tips of my fingers so when they touch the bow, it causes it the light up.
Thanks to Chris for
- Helping me with the Molding and casting of the bow due to weight of the mold
- Taught me how to solder and worked together to engineer the electronics in the bow. First time I have soldered anything
- Modified a Case so I could transport my Bow in one piece.
- Helping me Lube up the lights and thread them through the bow
Thanks to iObject Cosplay and Law for explaining the process to get power the bow as well as what LEDs and batteries to use! Invaluable advice!
I will be selling this bow in the upcoming months but as just a solid piece you can paint (no electronics). If you are interested email Ridd1e@yaho.com